How to Recover/Reset/Restore My Lumia 640 XL LTE Phone Software?
Lumia 640 XL LTE software can now be easily restored/reset/recovered using the available tools provided by the Microsoft, previously Nokia. Simply follow the given step by step guide to recover/reset/restore your Lumia 640 XL LTE Phone software.
Lumia 640 XL LTE software can now be easily recovered/reset/restored for free using Microsoft tools | Lumia 640 XL LTE software recovery | Resetting Phone Software for my Lumia 640 XL LTE
Great stuff comes in big packages!
Software Recovery Tool can prove to be a very helpful asset to reset and thus recover your Lumia 640 XL LTE phone software directly from home, if your Lumia 640 XL LTE phone is experiencing software related or software update problems.
With Windows Phone 8 and Windows Phone 8.1 models, if your Lumia 640 XL LTE phone us not responding or it appears to be stuck at some process or even it is not starting, your Lumia 640 XL LTE still can be recovered using Windows’s recovery tools.
Software Recovery Tool will erase completely all the content stored on your Lumia 640 XL LTE phone, including apps and games (along with app data and game progress), text messages, call history, music, photos and more.
If possible, create the backup of your Lumia 640 XL LTE phone first (Settings > backup). At the later time after resetting/restoring/recovering your Lumia 640 XL LTE phone, you would be able to restore the backup.
The recovery process is prone to utilize some time depending on the speed of your internet connection speed. Also, you would not be able to use your Lumia 640 XL LTE phone during the installation process.
Prerequisites for your Computer (PC):
- Microsoft Windows 7 or newer.
- USB cable to connect your phone to the computer.
- Minimum 4 GB free storage space.
Which tool should I use?
Use the Windows Phone Recovery Tool for all Lumia phones running Windows Phone 8 or newer.
For all other Nokia branded phones use the Lumia Software Recovery Tool.
To see which Windows Phone operating system (OS) version is currently installed on your Lumia 640 XL LTE phone, go to Settings > about.
Windows Phone Recovery Tool (for Lumia phones running Windows Phone 8 or newer)
- Download and install Windows Phone Recovery Tool to your computer. If possible, make sure that your phone’s battery is fully charged.
- When the installation has finished, start the application and the main screen will appear:
- If your Lumia 640 XL LTE phone is not automatically detected, disconnect all phones from your computer and press My phone was not detected at the bottom of the main screen.
- If prompted, select the phone manufacturer.
- Connect your Lumia 640 XL LTE phone to your computer with a compatible USB cable.
- Wait for your computer to detect the connected Lumia 640 XL LTE phone and follow the screen instructions. If the phone is not connected within one minute you can try to restart your Lumia 640 XL LTE phone: Keep USB connected, press and hold the Power and Volume down keys simultaneously. Release the pressed keys when your Lumia 640 XL LTE phone vibrates.
- Press Install software to start installing the software to your phone.
Lumia Software Recovery Tool (for older Lumia and other Nokia phones)
- Download and install Lumia Software Recovery Tool to your computer. If possible, make sure that your Lumia 640 XL LTE phone’s battery is fully charged.
- Start Lumia Software Recovery Tool, and connect your Lumia 640 XL LTE phone to your computer with a compatible USB cable. If prompted, select the correct USB mode on your Lumia 640 XL LTE phone: Nokia Suite or Modem.
- Follow the instructions shown on the tool.